"Venturesome" cheats have stolen a whole lead rooftop from a Grade I-recorded church.
Around 20 tons of lead was taken from All Saint's Church, Houghton Conquest, Bedfordshire, more than "a drawn out timeframe", police said.
The burglary was found on Tuesday and police trust the criminals acted like tradesmen to access the rooftop.
The congregation said the protection would not take care of all the repair costs - anticipated that would achieve a huge number of pounds.
Treasurer Joyce Bullock stated: "I don't know how we will pay for it," including: "I simply ask each day that nothing else occurs."
Picture copyright Gary Mudd
Picture subtitle All Saint's Church in the town of Houghton Conquest dates from the fourteenth Century
The robbery was revealed on Tuesday when light could be seen through the roof and rubble was found on the ground.
Sarah Hannant, an individual from the gathering, stated: "This is crushing; it has caused a considerable measure of pressure. We don't have enough volunteers as it seems to be, it just deflates."
Yorumlar
Yorum Gönder